Skip to main content

Guest Designer

Over on the Scrap Addicts Blog I am the last guest designer for this month. There has been a series of layouts posted this month based on the theme of large photos. My 'go to' photo size is the standard 6x4"but I also favour 3x4" for layouts with multiple photos. 
When I do use larger photos I like them to be at a stage in my scrapbook that shows a change in topic or location, almost like a new chapter.
I chose a very large photo 8 x 10 for this layout, with a large image like this all of the decorating can be lined up on one side but to make everything link up I like to overlap onto the photo.
I had the layout all planned in my mind but by the time I finished it I had taken it apart and then put together again three times! It was almost finished and i dropped glue onto the photo, so I had another photo printed and when I stuck it down the torch and arm had been cropped off the image. So third time lucky getting the photo right.
Playing the America theme I painted stripes onto my skyline wooden piece and painted the travel wood piece in blue. While that was drying I used a stencil and white paint to sponge some white stars onto the bottom left of the page. I then topped these with some punched stars.
I found this fabulous washi tape with the New York skyline, so that was definitely going on this page. I used it on the left side where I was going to place the wooden pieces and on the bottom right as an 'anchor' for that side of the layout.
The title was cut out using my cricut and added to the top left.
Then I finished by adding journalling to strips of paper and added those into the gap between the  title and decorating at the bottom.
Then that was it all finished.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vine Tutorial

On Monday morning I took part in the UKScrappers blog hop, who would have predicted the response to the flowers I had made for the layout. In particular the rose vine. I was flabbergasted, but promised I would let everybody know how I had done it. If anybody does make one of these vines please could you credit me and if posted in a blog I would appreciate a link back to me.
I was absolutely inspired by the gorgeous Prima vines, I have purchased many but due to the cost they remain in my stash, I am too frightened to use them because they are not cheap. They fall into the category of  'waiting for a special projrect'. This made me challenge myself to see if i could make something similar.
 Firstly you will need to gather your supplies
Florist wiresflorist paper tapepaper flowers - they need to have a 'tail' on them, I used these card stock to make leaveseither a leaf punch or die to cut leaves, I used these distress ink Cut as many leaves as you think you will need and ink …

Lost Contact

I've had no telephone or broadband since I last posted, isn't it amazing how we become so used to something then when it's taken away we can't live without it. I had made a few pages and cards to post but then no broadband. AAAGH! Anyway a lovely man came out today and it's all fixed, that nasty jack frost had caused the wires to break, fortunately it was outside or it would have cost me money. I spent my time wisely, I purged and organised. I've only had my craft room for 10 months and OMG what a mess. I have so much rubbish that I bought thinking it was a great bargain and haven't used,like cheap glitter glue coming out of my ears. I have every colour of Stickles that I love and always use, so why did I waste money on cheap stuff, anyway no more its gone. (Well actually its laying at the top of the stairs waiting to be boxed up and given away.) I've also outed a pile of punches, I don't need them now that I have my beloved Cricut, why oh why did …

Birthday Cards for Men

Cards for men really are quite difficult, so when I find a colour combination that isn't just blue and can work for men I use it. One of my favourite combinations is a bright blue, bright red and white. I think its modern and bright. Over the last weekend I made a few cards with this colour scheme, those of you who visit me regularly will also know I like simple. We have worked our way through all the previous cards I made for the boys at work so another batch was called for beginning with this one.